Logistics services for suppliers to Lidl
Our aim is to provide seamless logistics services for suppliers of goods to Lidl in the UK & Ireland. We understand that the majority of goods supplied to Lidl originate from outside the UK and that complex logistical problems need to be overcome by having a reliable and trustworthy partner. We believe that customer service and the development of relationships are key.
Our approved supplier process gives you the reassurance that your goods are in safe hands. Our integrated ‘End to End’ logistics platform provides collection from the point of manufacture, through to delivery to the Lidl RDC. In essence, we act as your Lidl supermarket logistics arm in the UK, de-stuffing containers, offloading trailers, plus the warehousing and distribution of your goods. If you want to organise your own shipping to our warehouse either as FTL (full trailer loads) or FCL (full container loads), then that works for us and we will co-ordinate information with your existing freight forwarder. This seamless transition works alongside other EU, European and Global Exporters who supply Lidl UK & Lidl Ireland.
Lidl Middle Aisle Specials
Lidl Middle Aisle Specials work in a different way to standard deliveries. Whereas standard deliveries are shipped in months before delivery is required and simply “called off,” special buys are often high volumes to be delivered over tight timelines. In terms of Logistics operations to undertake Lidl middle aisle specials, exporters can miss deadlines due to shipping or production issues which then delay arrival in the UK or Ireland. These delays can cause issues around both delivery date and delivery times to the Lidl RDC of between 4am- 6am, and different promotional and on sale dates for Lidl.
We are proactive in our approach to achieving delivery success and continuity of relationships between all parties, the idea scenario is for the goods to arrive at our warehouse a minimum of two weeks prior to delivery, but this is not always possible due to external factors. The testimonials below outline a customer faced approach where we achieved 100% on time and on target delivery deadlines for Lidl Middle Aisle Specials under the tightest of deadlines.
Customer Exported and shipped in multiple containers from the Far East for arrival at Ports of Felixstowe and Southampton. Our tasks were to:
• Collect UK Ports
• Delivered our warehouse
• Split and palletised goods for delivery to both Lidl UK & Ireland
• Delivered every Lidl RDC within agreed dates and times
Supply Chain have been our preferred Logistics partner for Lidl UK and Lidl Ireland for four years now. During the course of this relationship, they have acted as our UK warehousing and distribution arm. During this time they have acted in our best interests and suggested ways of saving money as and when problems arose. They are thoroughly trustworthy and we would certainly recommend them to any prospective supplier to Lidl in the UK or Ireland
Henry V.O. Exporter of Hardware
We provide shipping services to manufacturers, exporters, distributors and suppliers to Lidl in the UK & Ireland. We work with whatever INCO terms best suit the supplier and provide all the wrap around services required.
A precis of the range of end to end shipping services are:
- Local representation to arrange empty container for loading
- Payment of any local taxes, customs clearance etc
- Shipping services to UK or Irish port
- Monitoring of shipping status through satellite tracking in real time
- Multi modal services from Liverpool, Felixstowe & Southampton
- Port Health and customs clearance services and information
- Payment of excise duty on your behalf
- Merchant/Line haulage to warehouse
Operational Information – Our Lidl Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our Lidl supermarket logistics services to the UK & Ireland :
- Deliver to each RDC five days per week Monday to Friday (Weekends can be arranged)
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries to Lidl in the UK & Ireland. These operations all take place from our central warehousing Hub in Warrington near Liverpool. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from food banks guaranteeing no resale – this can be forwarded)
SCS Consolidation Services V Pallet Networks
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop for those involved in the manufacturer of goods and suppliers to Lidl in the UK & Ireland. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place. We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system, we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to every Lidl RDC. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, we do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect our customers and impact upon their relationship with Lidl.
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to Lidl UK & Ireland
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charge to the customer)
- Our costs are considerable cheaper and more efficient than using a pallet network
- All customer proof of deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or Lidl
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to day one pallet deliveries to each Lidl RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK or Ireland.
Lidl RDC UK Locations
Rejection of Full Loads at Lidl RDC’s
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an Lidl RDC, we provide regional repack, restack & redelivery services near to every Lidl RDC in the UK. This allows Lidl to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Our regional warehouses are located strategically throughout the UK & Ireland. Our partner warehouses provide repack/restock / re-delivery services in locations near to every Lidl RDC in the UK & Ireland. For more details of our locations and the services provided, please see map below.
- Belvedere Fishers Way, Belvedere DA17 6BS
- Bridgend Waterton Industrial Estate, Off Cowbridge Road, Bridgend CF31 3PH
- Enfield 8 Ardra Rd, London N9 0BD
- Exeter Clyst Honiton, Exeter EX5 3BR
- Livingston Tailend Farm, Deans Industrial Estate, Deans Rd, Livingston EH54 8SE
- Lutterworth 3520 Wellington Pkwy, Magna Park, Lutterworth LE17 4XW
- Newton Aycliffe Newton Aycliffe DL5 6BA
- Northfleet 25 Crete Hall Rd, Northfleet, Gravesend DA11 9JQ
- Runcorn Unit 1 Edwards Road, Runcorn WA7 2XP
- Southampton Foxes Park, Brownhill Way, Southampton SO16 0AW
- Wednesbury Axletree Way, Wednesbury WS10 9QY
- Weston Super Mare BS24 7TG