Logistics services for suppliers to Aldi
Our aim is to provide seamless Aldi supermarket logistics services for suppliers of goods to Aldi in the UK & Ireland. We understand that the majority of goods supplied to Aldi originate from outside the UK and that complex logistical problems need to be overcome by having a reliable and trustworthy partner. We believe that customer service and the development of relationships are key whether you are a distributor, manufacturer or supplier to Aldi in the UK & Ireland.
Our approved supplier process gives you the reassurance that your goods are in safe hands. Our integrated ‘End to End’ logistics platform provides collection from the point of manufacture, through to delivery to the Aldi RDC. In essence, we act as your Aldi supermarket logistics arm in the UK, de-stuffing containers, offloading trailers, plus the warehousing and distribution of your goods. If you want to organise your own shipping to our warehouse either as FTL (full trailer loads) or FCL (full container loads), then that works for us and we will co-ordinate information with your existing freight forwarder. This seamless transition works alongside other EU, European and Global Exporters who supply Aldi UK & Aldi Ireland.
Aldi Special Buys
Aldi Special Buys work in a different way to standard deliveries. Whereas standard deliveries are shipped in months before delivery is required and simply “called off” as special buys are often high volumes to be delivered over tight deadlines. In terms of logistics operations, to undertake Aldi special buys, exporters can miss deadlines due to shipping or production issues, which then delay arrival in the UK or Ireland. These delays can cause issues around both delivery date and delivery times to the Aldi RDC of between 4am-6am, and different promotional and on sale dates for Aldi.
We are proactive in our approach to achieving delivery success and continuity of relationships between all parties, the ideal scenario is for goods to arrive at our warehouse a minimum of two weeks prior to delivery, but this is not always possible due to external factors. The testimonials below outline a customer faced approach were we achieved 100% on time and on target delivery deadlines for Aldi special buys under the tightest of deadlines
Customer shipped in multiple containers from Asia to arrive UK three weeks prior to delivery, vessels delayed and arrived one week prior to delivery. Multiple trailers from two different EU manufacturers arrived on time, but all stock had to be delivered together. Within five days we had:
- Customs cleared containers
- Paid duties
- Delivered our warehouse
- Split and palletised goods for delivery to both Aldi UK & Ireland
- Delivered every Aldi RDC witin agreed dates and times
Supply Chain undertook a large order for distribution to Aldi UK & Ireland for us which presented significant logical challenges. Delays outside of our control meant delivery deadlines were difficult to achieve. Supply Chain took the whole project over providing updates at each stage of the process. It took the pressure off us knowing we were dealing with a company that knew what it took to achieve success and the value of relationships. We achieved on time deliveries against incredibly testing delivery deadlines and would thoroughly recommend them for their calm and diligent efforts coupled with excellent customer service.
Hannah – UK Importer & National Account Manager
We provide shipping services to manufacturers, exporters, distributors and suppliers to Aldi in the UK & Ireland. We work with whatever INCO terms best suit the supplier and provide all the wrap around services required.
A precis of the range of end to end shipping services are:
- Local representation to arrange empty container for loading
- Payment of any local taxes, customs clearance etc
- Shipping services to UK or Irish port
- Monitoring of shipping status through satellite tracking in real time
- Multi modal services from Liverpool, Felixstowe & Southampton
- Port Health and customs clearance services and information
- Payment of excise duty on your behalf
- Merchant/Line haulage to warehouse
Operational Information – Our Aldi Warehousing Hub
Please see an operational precis of our Aldi supermarket logistics services to the UK & Ireland :
- Deliver to each RDC five days per week Monday to Friday (Weekends can be arranged)
- 9 Loading / Offloading Bays
- 24/6 with Sundays 8-5pm
- Drop Trailer facilities
- Repack, Restack, Invert, Relabel facilities
- Warehouse based in Warrington, Cheshire
- Warehouse 45 minutes from Port of Liverpool
- Proof of Deliveries all have the customers logo on
We provide full trailer load & part load (groupage, consolidation, LTL) deliveries to Aldi in the UK & Ireland. These operations all take place from our central warehousing Hub in Warrington near Liverpool. These distribution services are supplemented by our differing range of warehousing services:
- Container De-stuffing
- Pallet Racking
- Reworking of Pallets
- Pick and Pack
- Labelling & Bar Coding
- Printing of Delivery Notes
- Part & Full Load Delivery
- Storage of any rejected Pallets
- Internal Storage of empty Pallets
- Consolidation of rejected loads & pallets for an economic return to the manufacturer/supplier.
- Delivery to food banks (we have supporting documentation from foodbanks guaranteeing no resale – this can be forwarded)
SCS Consolidation Services V Pallet Networks
We are one of only a few freight companies offering a truly one-stop-shop for those involved in the manufacturer of goods and suppliers to Aldi in the UK & Ireland. If you are looking for an integrated, timely, cost effective logistics service, you have come to the right place. We do not operate in the same way as a general pallet network delivery system, we consolidate on behalf of many different customers in our warehouse for delivery to every Aldi RDC. If there are delays at point of delivery, we wait until we can be tipped, we do not pull out of the RDC due to delays and we do not charge demurrage. To do so could affect our customers and impact upon their relationship with Aldi.
- Pallet deliveries are expensive
- Haulier will not wait past 30 mins of booking time
- Goods get returned to hub and customer is charged for outward and return journey
- Goods need to be re-booked, customer receives notice of delivery failure
- Charged again for re-delivery
SCS – Pallet consolidation services for deliveries to Aldi UK & Ireland
- We consolidate for many different customers
- We book our own slots and advise supermarkets of what is on the trailer
- We wait until we are tipped (no extra charge to the customer)
- Our costs are considerable cheaper and more efficient than using a pallet network
- All customer proof of deliveries come together following week of delivery with the invoice
- A much more integrated call off and storage system with none of the associated hassle or inconvenience to the customer or Aldi
- Able to undertake large volume specials as well as day to dayone pallet deliveries to each Aldi RDC’s (Regional Distribution Centres) in the UK or Ireland.
Aldi RDC UK Locations
Rejection of Full Loads at Aldi RDC’s
In the event of direct deliveries in FCL or FTL getting rejected at an Aldi RDC, we provide regional repack, re-stack & redelivery services near to every Aldi RDC in the UK. This allows Aldi to take off what they are happy to do so and prevents the whole load getting rejected. We then work with the shipper/importer etc. to find a local solution to allow fulfilment of the order.
Our regional warehouses are located strategically throughout the UK & Ireland. Our partner warehouses provide repack/restock / re-delivery services in locations near to every Aldi RDC in the UK & Ireland. For more details of our locations and the services provided, please see map below.
- Atherstone Holly Ln, Atherstone CV9 2SQ
- Bathgate Pottishaw Rd, Bathgate EH48 2FB
- Bolton Bolton BL5 1EE
- Cardiff Wentloog Ave, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 2EX
- Chelmsford 3, 1 Sheepcotes, Chelmsford CM2 5AE
- Darlington DL3 0UW
- Neston Chester High Rd, Neston, Merseyside CH64 3TS
- Sheppey, Queensborough, Sheerness, ME11 5AR
- Swindon Wellington Rd, Swindon SN3 4AL